This life-affirming retreat offers anyone living with cancer the opportunity to explore what it means to live fully awake and alive while facing serious illness. A balanced program of transformative, healing practices gives you practical tools to navigate the emotional, psychological, and spiritual challenges of cancer – empowering you to live well in the midst of change and uncertainty.
What to expect:
- A small intimate group in a safe and nurturing environment that honors and supports each person’s unique journey with cancer.
- Gentle and insightful mindfulness, stress reduction and loving-kindness practices.
- Qigong to help you activate and circulate life energy through your body.
- Opportunities to share in a supportive circle; poetry; ritual; and time alone for rest, self-refection and exploration of the beauty of the old growth forest.
- Expressive Arts: drawing, music and movement to stimulate imagination and to unlock the the healing power of creativity.
- Laughter, creativity, celebration, joyful play and delicious, organic, gourmet meals.
Who will benefit?
Anyone with any type of cancer, at any stage, interested in personal healing, growth, and transformation. Caregivers/companions welcome if space allows.
Erica Rayner-Horn M.A., L.M.H.C.A.— mindfulness-based psychotherapist; instructor of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, meditation instructor, presenter, and workshop leader. Erica is the author of Finding Tranquility - Guided Mindfulness Meditations for Stressful Times, and an upcoming book and audio series on cancer and mindfulness. To learn more, visit www.mindful-therapy.net.
Diana and Kelly Lindsay—authors, speakers, workshop facilitators, and coaches for those in a health crisis and their caregivers. Diana is a Qigong instructor, Kelly a Reiki Master. Program Directors of Healing Circles Langley, a Commonweal program on Whidbey Island. Authors of Something More Than Hope/Something More Than Everything: Surviving Despite the Odds, Thriving Because of Them. www.somethingmorethanhope.com.
Whidbey Institute at Chinook, on Whidbey Island, WA
Registration & Information: